Don’t go broke before you die.
According to AARP, most people fear outliving their money in retirement more than they fear death. The Death of Buy and Hold is the antidote for the peril of a poverty-stricken old age. It will teach you how to avoid the retirement risk—the catastrophic risk of going broke in retirement. Solutions explained and explored include:
- Black-belt investing using the principle of correlation
- Establishing a low withdrawal rate
- Index investing
- Liability matching bond portfolios
- Dollar cost averaging
- Tax loss harvesting
- Portfolio rebalancing with precious metals equities
- Using positive emotions to conquer the dangerous emotions of fear and greed
- Using the withdrawal rate to monitor and maintain a portfolio’s health in retirement.
When combined in a holistic risk-reduction strategy these solutions complement and supplement each other, giving you a powerful defense in depth against the retirement risk.
The Death of Buy and Hold appeals to a wide audience. It includes advice targeted to those in their 20s and 30s as well as older investors, and to those with modest as well as more substantial nest eggs. It assumes a minimum of investment knowledge on the part of the reader, and uses numerous examples, anecdotes, humor, and even short stories to make plain its scientific, time-tested approach to a safe, secure retirement. The Death of Buy and Hold is the remedy for sleepless nights and inaction caused by panic and the overwhelming amount of options and conflicting advice about retirement planning.